Continued from: The Pastor
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
143. There shall be a Body of Trustees for the Celestial Church of Christ Nigeria Diocese to be known as “Celestial Church of Christ Nigeria Diocese Board of Trustees”, hereinafter referred to as “The Board”.
144. Members of the Board shall be appointed in writing at the sole discretion of the Pastor and shall continue in office until their appointment is revoked in writing by the Pastor.
145. The first Trustees of the Church under the Constitution are:
1. Reverend Pastor Prophet Founder SAMUEL BILEHOU JOSEPH OSHOFFA (Chairman)
2. Supreme Evangelist ALEXANDER ABIODUN BADA
3. Superior Senior Evangelist SAMUEL OLATUNJI AJANLEKOKO
4. Superior Senior Leader OLAYINKA AFOLABI ADEFESO
5. Superior Senior Leader ISIAH KAYOD’E OWODUNNI
6. Superior Senior Leader OLUREMI OLUSOGA OGUNLESI
7.Superior Senior Leader SAMSON OLATUNDE BANJO.
The Pastor Founder, Rev. S. B. J. Oshoffa, hereby emphasises that the last four members have attained the rank of full Evangelist but have not been so anointed because of the nature of their day to day work.
FUNCTIONS OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
146. The Board shall so far as the law allows be vested with the following: –
(i) Custodian of all Landed Property and Buildings of whatever tenure or description, of any School, College or Institution, which is designated as Celestial Church of Christ Institution and is within the Diocese.
(ii) Custodian of all other forms of Property, moveable or immovable, that is not herein afore-mentioned, as may belong to Celestial Church of Christ or to any of her Organisations or Schools or Colleges or other Institutions, provided such properties lie within the Diocese.
(iii) The sole authority to represent the Church in all matters of relationships between the Church and the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria at all levels.
(iv) The sole authority to represent Celestial Church of Christ (Nigeria Diocese) in all matters of relationships between the Church on the one hand and other organisations and religious bodies on the other.
(v) Such other functions of a consultative, advisory, investigative, legislative and executive nature as the Pastor shall request of it from time to time in all matters relating to the Church.
147. The Board shall from time to time have the power to demand from the General Committee, or from any other ad-hoc Committee, from any officer or officers concerned with the Management or administration of property of Celestial Church of Christ, ad and every information or report that they may require relating to or concerning such Property deemed to have been vested in the Board by virtue of this Constitution or under any Act, Law or other enabling Authority.
148. The Board shall be empowered to demand from the General Committee, from the Honorary Treasurer to the General Committee, from any other Committees, or Sub-Committees, and from any other Officers concerned with the administration of Funds of Celestial Church of Christ, such information as the Board may from time to time require on the administration of Funds of a particular Committee, Sub-Committee, or other Organisation of Celestial Church of Christ. The Board may, if it so desires, order an investigation into the Finances of any Committee, Sub-Committee, or other Organisation of Celestial Church of Christ.
149. The Board may from time to time issue directives for the investment in any manner as the Board may consider necessary and adequate of the funds of any committee, Sub-Committee or other Organisation of Celestial Church of Christ. Such Financial directives from the Board shall always be binding.
150. The Board shall have authority to make such arrangements and give such directions as it thinks fit for the management and disposition of Church Property referred to it in Clause 146.
MEETINGS OF THE B0ARD OF TRUSTEES
151.The Board shall meet at such time and at such place as shall be determined by the Pastor, who has the sole authority to summon a meeting of the Board.
152. In the absence of the Pastor. or where the Pastor is not available, and where it becomes necessary to convene a meeting of the Board, the Head of the Diocese (wherever possible with the consent of the Pastor) may cause a meeting to be convened through the Secretary to the Board and in accordance with Clause 154 (iii) and (iv) hereunder.
153. Under the circumstances as set out in Clause 152 such a meeting is deemed to be “Emergency”. Decisions taken at all such Emergency meetings of the Board shall only be valid after ratification by the Pastor in writing.
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
154. The Board shall appoint a Secretary from among its members. The Secretary to the Board shall by virtue of this Constitution be vested with the following:
(i) he shall hold Office until the Board otherwise directs;
(ii) lie shall act as Secretary at all times when the Board is holding a meeting in any capacity of its various functions as conferred upon it by this Constitution.
(iii) he shall send out circulars to convene a meeting of the Board and shall ensure the validity of such circulars by taking due care that they are signed by the Pastor;
( iv) agenda for discussion at a Board meeting shall be prepared by the Secretary after due consultation with the Pastor;
(v) in the absence of the Secretary, the Board may appoint a member from amongst its membership to act as Secretary for any particular meeting and for any specific period;
(vi) under such circumstances where the Secretary to the Board is absent or is unavailable, the Pastor may instruct another member to act in the capacity of Secretary and so send out circulars to convene a meeting subject to the provision of Clause (154(iii) and (iv) as enumerated above;
(vii) he shall perform such other functions as directed by the Board.
OFFICE OF TREASURER TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
155. The Board shall appoint a Treasurer from among its members. The Treasurer shall, by virtue of this Constitution, be vested with the following:
(i) he shall hold Office until the Board otherwise directs;
(ii) he shall collect and administer such funds of the Board as directed by the Board;
(iii) under the authority of the Board he shall carry out on behalf of the Board such duties relating to all aspects of the property and finances of the Celestial Church of Christ Nigeria Diocese of an advisory, consultative, investigative, legislative and executive nature as the Board shall direct;
(iv) he shall keep up-to-date and proper books of account of the finances of the Board and of such finances and property of Celestial Church of Christ Nigeria Diocese as the Board may direct;
(v) he shall perform such other duties as the Board shall direct from time to time;
(vi) whenever the Board so directs, he shall have an Assistant who shall act for him in his absence.