The Pastor of Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide, His Eminence Reverend Emmanuel Mobiyina Friday Bilehou Oshoffa views with great concern the disturbing developments triggered by the raging Covid-19 pandemic across the globe.
While commending the government for the measures put in place so far to stem the Corona Virus storm, His Eminence prays that the Almighty God would hear the cries of the people and heal the land.
This is therefore a clarion call on all General Superintendents, Supervisors of Provinces, Circuit Heads and Shepherds-In-Charge of all parishes of the Celestial Church of Christ spread across the globe to ensure strict compliance to the measures put in place by government to curtail the spread of the deadly virus.
In line with the directives of the government, the following must be implemented to the letter with immediate effect:
1) Regular services, mid-week gatherings and night vigils that would attract 50 or more congregants are hereby suspended until further notice.
2) Dipping of hands into the sanctified water before entering the church sanctuary is suspended till further notice.
3) The ongoing anointment exercise at the Celestial City, Imeko, Ogun State is temporarily suspended. A new date would be announced later.
4) The annual washing of feet programme at KLM 53 slated for the Easter period is also suspended.
5) The church workers retreat scheduled to take place at the Celestial City, Imeko, Ogun State in the last week of March 2020 is hereby postponed. A new date would be announced later.
6) Shepherds are to ensure that the bell is jingled for the bowing of heads at the appropriate times and hourly prayers for the church and country must be religiously observed.
7) Members of the Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide are to observe hourly prayers in their homes in line with the rules and tenets of the church.
8) Members of the Celestial Church of Christ are advised to uphold strict hygienic rules, ensure the regular use of sanitizers on their hands and avoid drinking from the same cup with others. Close contact with others in public places should also be avoided.
9) Each parish should set up a maximum of 21-member prayer team comprising of all units in the parish during this period to pray for Nigeria, and the World at large regarding this Covid-19 Pandemic.
It is the fervent prayer of His Eminence that as we confront this deadly scourge, the hosts of heaven would cleanse the land of all deadly diseases and send this pandemic to the pit of hell where it belongs. Amen.
Rev. Emmanuel Mobiyina Friday Bilehou Oshoffa
Pastor, CCC Worldwide